BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Holiday Blues

When the phone rang this morning I knew who it was. Who else would be calling so early--on a holiday, no less? Sybil. "Are you ready?" she asked. "Who is this?" I said, but of course I knew who it was, and I knew why she was calling. It was once again time to practice for our 10K. "I'll be there in twenty minutes," she said all cheery like, and hung up before I could make an excuse. Why, oh why, oh why did I ever agree to participate in this dumb race? I hate running. I hate sweating. I hate when my heart beats so hard it feels like it's going to burst. And as I sat there on the edge of me bed I thought: "I hate Sybil." But she's my best friend. So, I got up, got dressed and put on my brand new running shoes. And while the rest of America was sleeping in because what else would you do on a holiday, I went out to run. Ugh!

0 comments: